This is a replica of the Galadriel crown that I finished earlier this year in April. My second, and I hope, last one. When I accepted the commission, I did not have an accurate idea of what it would take to make it.
By far, the most complicated crown I have made so far. A lot more complicated than the Arwen crown, which compared to the Galadriel's, is a piece of cake to make
The major challenge in making this crown is the enormous number of components and the way they fit together. Just the making of the leaves is worthy of a novel, because all of them have a different shape, and their size changes from the front to the back. The leaves are cut by hand, then forged and added to the crown one by one. In many places the metal is fused, especially where the leaves are in configurations of 3.
I am really proud of this crown, even though it took many sleepless nights to finish. It ended up being pretty accurate, especially in the scale and the way it sits around the head
If you are curious to see more of my work, it is available on www.medievalbridalfashions.com